Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Halloween ain't what it used to be I guess

All in all Halloween was ok this year, but a coupla things bother me year to year. The biggest one is the hoodlums without costumes coming up and expecting a handout. What's the point, unless it's just preparing em for their future, I expect to see some of them working the Interstate exits and some of the busier intersections in a few years. After a certain age you oughta just tell your kids they're too old to be out trick or treatin, now, I don't know what age that is exactly, but I'm thinkin 16 or 17 is well past it, though an exception is if they're with younger brothers and sisters. That's downright nice to see that it still happens sometimes. We only had one group of the crashers, so I'd rate this year a success. Almost all the kids said thank you, and most said trick or treat without prompting, though some were a bit scared of old Grumpy at first, so that mighta had em a little quiet. We didn't get any tricks played on my block so thats good too I reckon. Come on back next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home