Thursday, September 21, 2006

Greener pastures or so they think

I read recently that the Seminole Heights blogman is moving on to greener pastures. There goes the neighborhood. He says that he wants the blog to remain with "local" observations but he's retaining creative control as editor. I for one think that's pretty presumptuous for someone who's heart is no longer in the game to be the fella making the final decisions from the outside looking in on what's appropriate and what isn't. The other thing is running a blog is hard enough when the material is close to your heart, so I wonder if he'll still find the time. I wish him and his wife all the best, but I feel that the blog has jumped the shark when the blogman leaves. I wonder how many of his readers will feel betrayed or consider him to be a sell out. Moving to the suburbs, tripling his commute, burning that much more gas, sitting in that much more traffic, spending that much more time each day away from friends and family, spitting out that much more pollution, and paying that much more in taxes. But we all gotta do what we all gotta do. Farewell blogman, best of luck to you. I hope they won't be putting old grumpy out to pasture anytime soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger luckytop said...

What level is the grump meter on today? You sound pretty grumpy to me! I was beginning to think that you did go out to pasture since it has been a while since the last blog.

22 September, 2006 13:45  
Blogger Grumpy said...

Wasn't all that grumpy actually, just making some observations. Actually I've had some life events that's kept me from posting, hopefully I can keep on blogging.

22 September, 2006 18:54  

Post a Comment

<< Home