Tuesday, August 22, 2006

That's right I'm an Addict

I just can't function without several cups of coffee throughout the day. I need about two in the morning just to feel normal and at least another one around midday to keep going. A cup or two in the evening isn't out of the ordinary either. I've not been sleeping so well lately and with running late to work, I haven't been able to get my normal fixes. Want to talk about Grumpy being grumpy. Whoa, I'm quite the bear without my cup of joe or three. Not to mention if I go long enough for the headache to kick in. Can't think straight, can't see straight, and in constant pain. Watch out. Recently I have sworn off my daily favorite. Mochas when made how I like them are a meal in and of itself. Not so good for my pants fitting. So I have made them a weekly treat instead of a daily necessity. Well now, the caffeine content is much lower so replacing the mocha with a regular coffee just ain't cuttin it. I hope my wife can bear with the bear during the adjustment period. Grumpmeter level 6 today.

2 Comments:

Blogger luckytop said...

A few years ago I decided to try the Atkins Diet. I followed it to the letter, including eliminating caffeine from my diet. After two weeks, I could not figure out why I was having headaches & nausea, etc. Then I realized why..... That was the only two weeks in my life that I have gone without my coffee since 1978. Now, not only do I drink a number of cups during the morning, but I am enjoying monster(the low carb one) energy drinks during the afternoon & early evenings. I wish caffeine came in solid form, I would make a sandwich out of it...

23 August, 2006 12:53  
Blogger IFly said...

Coffee is defintely a necessary part of life for me as well. I miss the Northwest's constant availability of caffeinated beverages. Drive-up coffee shacks kept me well fulfilled. BTW nice blog, it's nice to know that I'm not the only one who hates Southwest.

23 August, 2006 13:20  

Post a Comment

<< Home