Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Hookers in the Hood, Lets talk about sex.

Now, I might have mentioned before that I lived in Seminole Heights, a neighborhood a little north of downtown Tampa. Anyone who has lived around here for any length of time knows the long-held reputation of my beloved "hood." Nebraska Avenue is world famous as being the place to go in Tampa for a $5 hummer or something similar, people all over the country seem to know Tampa as Mons Venus and Nebraska Avenue.
Let me start by saying that what folks choose to do behind closed doors is their own business. I for one can't see why someone would pay for "it", (hell I've been married so long I sometimes feel like paying to not do "it") but if they want to do that well then, what's that to me. BUT! That being said, I don't need to see no scraggly looking strung out poor shell of a soul plying their wares on the street corners a couple of blocks from my house. These are people with real problems and they bring in other less desirables..the johns, the perverts, the drug dealers, the pimps, whatever petty criminal you choose to name.
There was a push a few years back where the neighbors started an exercise group and other ways to get people out and about taking photos and writing down license plates and that sort of stuff. I guess from what the papers said and looking at the crime tracker it seems to have worked for a time.
Well guess what they're back. I went to 3 Coins on Sunday morning and lo and behold there was a whore on Nebraska working it at 8:30 in the morning. I've seen a couple more over the past month or so, but this one left no doubt as to what she was offering. Dear lord, who's out shopping for nookie that time of day? I just don't get it. Reminds me of the 24 hour adult bookstores. I never thought that at say, 3:30am someone must think to themselves I just gotta have me a triple ripple plug and some fuzzy luv cuffs, but I guess they do. As I was saying, they were all but gone until recently, I think I might just have to get myself a camera and go out some night and start snapping photos of license plates. Or better yet, a bullhorn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home