Friday, May 25, 2007

Excuse me, I was here first

I have a lot of respect for workin' men and women. Hell, I'm one of 'em, have been all my life. We all make mistakes, so I understand how things sneak up on you from time to time, but it's still a pisser when this happens. Nothing quite chaps my ass like being bumped out of order because someone wasn't paying attention. Take for instance the other day I went in and sat my fanny in the booth with acknowledgement of at least two watresses. Unfortunately neither of those gals was handling my section. I wait and wait, and then another fella comes in and sits one booth over. The waitress sees him, brings him water, coffee and takes his order before even asking if I wanted a menu or coffee. That really steams me you know. Then she isn't even apologetic, she says I shoulda said something sooner. Hell, like I'm supposed to hunt her down to get a cup of coffee? Jiminy Crickets, how do some of these folks keep a job?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home