Thursday, September 27, 2007

Satriale's in Seminole Heights and Sayonara

This might be my last blog entry. Grumpy's condition has become such that I just don't have the energy to keep this up any longer. I'd like to thank everyone who has read me over the past year or so and offered encouragement and dialog. As my final entry, I thought I'd just have to mention an establishment that the missus and I visited recently. I'd heard the place had undergone some changes and was worth a visit. I hesitate to mention the name of it, for fear of a contract going out, but I think folks can figure it out. The food was good, but I have to tell you, I thought I was walking into in Tony's NJ hangout. Not that it's a bad thing mind you, but if Tony or Big Pussy had been sitting out front, I don't think I'd have even been surprised. From the older gentlemen sitting out front to the squirrelly "bag men" coming in and out, ordering, but not really staying to eat. Maybe in my retirement I've just been watching too much tv, and the swiss-cheesed old noodle is playing tricks on me, but it just had that air about it. Be sure I'll be back again. It did feel kinda safe just having those folks around, and the food was just plain tasty.

Adios amigos, it's been fun. If you don't hear from me again you might always wonder, was it the sexually-transmitted terminal disease we call life that got me, or did I go to nap with the fishes.

5 Comments:

Blogger luckytop said...

So long Grumpy, its been fun. I was hoping that nothing had happenned to you when you had not blogged in a while. I am not sure what restaurant you are referring to...Malio's, Lauro's, Valencia Gardens? Those places all make me think Mafia! I am sure they are not those types of places, but they remind me of them. I have enjoyed reading your rants, and I wish you the best!

01 October, 2007 12:03  
Blogger Coel said...

Oh! How can you! What do you mean by the last entry? Am I too late?

05 October, 2007 05:56  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hello,

My name is Marion Bishop and I'm the webmaster of www.pinhole-glasses-direct.com

Would you be interested in writing an unbiased review of our product?

If you are, we can send you a free sample of the product which we would like you to review, and it is free of any shipping charges.

Feel free to contact me at pohsibnioram@gmail.com

Best regards,

Marion Bishop

24 August, 2008 01:40  
Blogger Coel said...

You aren't dead are you?

28 January, 2009 03:28  
Blogger Coel said...

Although I can't express myself well, I'll still say this. Everyone's lives are really interesting for no one's a robot nor some kind of a zombie. I wish to know more about people, people who don't exactly open up. Hope to meet Grumpy and many other anonymous people one day. I also wonder if there's a real Mrs Grumpy who still exist? Anyway, to know this blog towards the end of its time and seeing this blog stop is really kind of sad even though I've never known Grumpy nor talked much to anyone here. Should Grumpy pass on already, hope he's in heaven. If anyone knows more about him, hope you can tell me. Curiosity leaves me itching.

04 July, 2009 02:23  

Post a Comment

<< Home