Monday, February 19, 2007

The sleeping giant stirs

It was a not-so-happy Valentine's day for folks stuck on those airliners up in the Northeast. Now I hear folks have gotten their Congressmen stirred up about it. I've been wondering when the flying public was gonna say enough is enough. We might be getting close to a real uprising. We've been pushed, prodded, crammed, lied to and taken advantage of for far too long. I've often been curious how, after 4 or more hours of sitting on the ground before taking off, a person who demands to be let off can be refused. Wouldn't that amount to kidnapping or false imprisonment? I mean, when the john's start backing up, and they have to open the doors to let fresh air in, how are they gonna then proceed another 4 hours or so to their destination? On those rare occasions I'm flying somewhere I build in a little bit of time for delays and such, but 4-10 hours on top of a long flight, I may not have enough medication, food, water, or any number of necessary items. Not to mention, I'm gonna start to smell. We need something in place to protect our rights, to protect us from this sort of abuse. I also wonder about that plane that was sitting on the ramp for 10 hours prior to leaving. You can't tell me those pilots were at the top of their game by that time. I hope this incident was the straw that broke the camel's back and we see some real change. Flying used to be something special, something where you felt like you were on top of the world, now its just a disgusting, frustrating way to go somewhere too far to drive. Maybe Amtrak will make a comeback!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home