Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Hallmark operatives are probably on their way to my house already

If this is my last post, you know what happened. See, it's like this. That day coming up in two weeks is a bunch of hooey. Mrs. Grumpy and I used to buy into it like everyone else, but after a few years of having arguments and disappointments we just dropped out. No more Valentine's Day. Now, don't get me wrong, Grumpy ain't nothin' if he ain't a romantic. But I don't need some made up day to tell me when and how to treat my gal like she deserves to be treated. A card out of the blue. Flowers for no reason at all. Even a goose on heiny or peck on the cheek when no one is looking. All these things are how you tell someone that they're pretty darned special to you. If you have to let the greeting card companies do that sort of thinking for you, you've already lost it. If you make her feel special on Feb 12th, or April 18th or August 1st then Feb 14th is just another day no better, no more special, and certainly no less. Just my wooden nickel's worth of wisdom.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know I really enjoy an email or phone call with a simple message of I love you or comment that someone is thinking of me. I think that Valentine's Day is a holiday for children to celebrate but for the commited couple the everyday thoughts mean more.

31 January, 2007 10:04  

Post a Comment

<< Home