Thursday, February 01, 2007

Some folks really might be late to their own funeral

What is it about people who are perpetually late? I know this gal, 5 minutes means 10-15. Meet you at 5, and by 6 she might just show up. Almost never is there an apology, or even an acknowledgment that she was anything but on time, as scheduled, as agreed. Where is it in the Life's Instruction Manual that says it's perfectly acceptable to waste my time. I don't really tolerate this socially, but this is a business acquaintance and I have little choice. For some of you who read regularly and might be wondering, yes this is the cellphone offender as well. What I don't really understand is how a person goes this long in life without learning basic consideration of others. Before anyone says it, yes I have mentioned it as diplomatically as I can, attempting to be humorous. Again, there's no acknowledgment that being late for almost every meeting is anything but OK. Honestly, I think when this person passes, anyone that knows her will show up to the funeral late and still be surprised when the casket is already there.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a friend who does the same thing. His behavior is legendary among all his friends. He is one of the nicest people I know, and he does not do it intentionally, he just does it. We compensate for this by telling him that we need him to meet us 1-2 hours early. That way he is usually close to the actual time we want to meet. Why not try this on your business associate? If I were you, I would also be tempted to show up late just to bug her and see what her reaction is. Unfortunately, my experience has been that folks who show little consideration for others usually have a thick skin and thus there is little satisfaction in giving them a taste of their own medicine!

01 February, 2007 11:01  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They're probably Geminis or Sagittarius. A trait I have learned to find very endearing. (but it took alot of reading and loving a few people of same star-suasion)

I was very upset by someone who did this to me so instead of taking it personally I decided to investigate why ..... supposedly, it's a typical trait.

Their lives are one big ... ' something interesting happened and I thought you'd know I'd be a little late because of it'

Completely disingenuous.

Usually, if you play along, it's very beneficial to both of you.

But, when you're hungry or all dressed up ... or have other important items on your agenda time-wise: BAD.

My family always told me that events happened earlier, as well. Very loving way to settle amicably.

Some people are inconsiderate and some march to the beat of a drummer we can't hear.

I know Geminis who are sticklers for on-time. Maybe they read their own traits and decided to CHANGE. LOL.

One thing: the funeral can't go on without em and things are usually more fun WITH them when they are people you love. Dang it's irritating so bring a good book if you can burn time for em.

01 February, 2007 13:12  

Post a Comment

<< Home