Monday, June 18, 2007

Divine comedy indeed. There must be a God and he has a sense of humor

As with most folks, I often ponder my own mortality and what may or may not be out there. I gotta tell you, the longer I live the more I gotta believe He's out there and he gets a big kick out of messing with us. Not truly bad things mind you, though maybe there's some of that too. But those little things that just get you going. Like why else would it be that a whole flock of birds take a dump on your car right after you wash it. Or how it rains on the day you're allowed to water your grass.
I can't count how many times I go into a store, looking for one or two particular things, and that's the only section in the whole store that is crowded with people. There's always someone just browsing at a leisurely pace right where I need to be. Tell me that's not divine comedy. Let's screw with the old man and put that lady right there browsing the nail aisle just as he rounds the corner. Better yet, let's have the lady back up her cart right in front of the nails that Grumpy is buying. Oh and get this, she won't buy the first box of nails. She'll eventually just move on! Hardy har har har.
I've lost track of all the times where I've been driving around the parking lot and just as I make the corner of the aisle going the wrong way a spot opens up. Now I NASCAR around and just as it looks like I'm gonna pit in time to make grab the win, a spoiler meanders around mere seconds before, taking the checker flag of the primo spot. Tell me that's not funny stuff for the guy upstairs. I just keep on keeping on. Its happened so much and so often that I just laugh now, and give a nod to the big Guy. "I see where this is going" I muse.
How about you go to the beach, find yourself a nice secluded spot, you know the one, just far enough away from everyone or even better out of sight of the next group. Next thing you know a few minutes after you're settled in, the friggin' Brady Bunch shows up and entrenches themselves right next to you. Here's your friggin' story, have something more than a hunch and take your girls with hair of gold, and three boys of your own, and leave us all the hell alone. It's a big beach, find your own spot. I'm sure that tickles the funny bone of You Know Who, every time.
So anyway, even when it's frustrating as hell at times, it's nice to think in some ways we might be playing our part as the Royal Jesters. He's up there and the world always needs more laughs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home