Friday, June 15, 2007

Slow Down, What's the Hurry?

Every day it seems things are moving faster and faster. I don't know if it's me gettin older or the world gettin faster. Seems like we're in a hurry everywhere we go. No one has any patience. I'll be the first to admit I get a bit short-tempered when I'm forced to wait, but it ain't the waitin so much as it's the incompetence or rude behavior that ticks me off. I kinda like it when I'm forced to slow down and see what's going on around me. A stroll through the neighborhood, a walk around a park, an afternoon at the beach. Heck, takin the two hours to go see a movie is much more therapeutic than two full days of running errands, even if you get those errands done. Ever wonder why we continue to pile so much on our plates? Do we really need to schedule and fill every moment of every day? I feel like I might miss something if I sleep in on the weekend, but that's just plain silly when you think about it. Me and the Mrs. truly enjoy each other's company, but neither one of us can sit still at home. I reckon we should take the time more often. I can't recall the last time I just spent the day without thinking about all the things I could be or should be doing. Seems to me we oughta just schedule in some time without a schedule, without something to do, some time to just be, to just live. Oops, I'm late for my nap, got to go.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. It's amazing how wonderful the world is when you just take a moment to appreciate it.

16 June, 2007 11:55  
Blogger Coel said...

Yep...you are right, yet at some parts of the world, it is ugly if you get what I mean.

18 June, 2007 07:15  

Post a Comment

<< Home